Sunday, 29 Abadius 4711 AR (Waning Crescent)

Harrim will stay behind to perform a non-denominational service and to see to the spiritual needs of the encampment.

I fear that one of the things I don't make clear in my narration, gentle reader, is that you have the impression that you are wandering these ruins in complete loneliness in the muted quiet of ruins. This is not so, for Saventh-Yhi is less of a "complete ruins" and is more of a "ruined city." For it hosts much life, and there is much noise of monstrous and inhuman types that call throughout. One of the reasons exploration takes so long ... beyond the rigors of proper archaeological exploration ... is that it is assumed that your little group does note several larger bands of creatures moving through that in no way would you want to interact with in a random nature, so that you move carefully along on your exploration.

Unfortunately or fortunately, other than the girallons a week ago, you've managed to elude any one of the many bands of monsters that you don't want to tangle with unnecessarily. Still, there is a certain level of complacency that can be bred. And where even Xhanfaerd is very careful of step, both bards make a little more noise than is prudent.

And that is when the group is accosted by a lone girallon.

Begin Round One ...

R1T20:
Book, what do you do? You have no weapons in hand. You might have tools or journal or something else easily dropped, but nothing offensive.