View Single Post

Thread: Sea of Stars - OOC III

1. - Top - End - #180
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC III

Oh, did I accidentally stumble over a heretical symbol? I just made up a detail to give the NPC some personality. I was thinking about sailing themes and a compass came to mind.

This guy can be shady, if that helps the story. He's just one of the newcomers Echo hired at the Lathes outpost, then chosen at random to help Anika. Echo very likely never saw the tattoo. If Haval wants a new friend who's, ah, morally flexible, then we could lean into that and keep him around (assuming she doesn't send him on any suicide missions). Or I can edit the tattoo to something else if it's too weird.

If it's not just suspicious, but outright heretical, then I should change it at least a little bit, because only an idiot would reveal something like that to Anika without a reason to think she'd be ok with it. I doubt he'd have survived at the Lathes with a genuine mark of Chaos stamped on his face. How bad is it, do you think?

...Aha. Could've saved myself some trouble if I'd spent a minute on Google, hm? Yeah, that's rather embarrassing. If it helps, I'm picturing something like THIS without the letters, so it's...not identical to the usual Chaos Star that I'm seeing. Would that matter? Would the average Imperium citizen see a distinction?

In any case, now I feel rather silly. Does anybody mind if I change it to something else?
    Last edited by Blarghy; 2022-09-02 at 05:16 AM.
    "It was a GOOD plan, just completely impossible."

~ Sophistemon