If he does get a Daemonhost, I'm curious how anybody would convince or force him to give it up. But yes, Eisenhorn has been an influence on my ideas, even if I knew the basic character arc I wanted long before I read those books. 40k is a great setting for exploring tragic heroes, hubris and hypocrisy, and cruel choices with no easy options. Navigators also have the theme of degrading over time, as they collect mutations and the Warp grinds them down; I picked this career partly for that symbolism. So I'm excited about where all this could lead.

In the mean time, I'm not sure about Ravia either, but my impression is that Sargon is going to provide the Forbidden Lore here, and we just have to collect the stuff for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
You don't have Inquiry, Evaluate, Barter, Commerce, or anything similar.
Those skills are all Anika's specialty, so that was my thinking. I guess I could hire an NPC to do this sort of thing for Kennoch, but I'd kinda rather not; I like having minions in a game like this, but I don't want to start taking the jobs of other characters. This is the work that Seneschals do. However, if Anika's too busy to see to this herself, maybe she could loan Echo her assistant? Whose name I can't remember and who doesn't seem to be marked on Anika's sheet, that I can see. In return he could loan her some of his Rings to monitor the hereteks she's visiting. He's got a whole bunch of them just hanging around the ship now, they're a bit better than the regular marines, and they specialize in stealth. She just might want to be vague about the nature of these targets, or else Echo might order his guards to arrange some unfortunate accidents for them, in an attempt to ease his guilt over Galimina.