View Single Post

Thread: Sea of Stars - OOC III

1. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC III

Ok, so Echo is looking for some stuff that's weird, and in some places outright proscribed, and the stretch on the Dynasty's funding right now means he can't just throw money around to dredge it up. Echo also, crucially, lacks skill at negotiations and finding things. You don't have Inquiry, Evaluate, Barter, Commerce, or anything similar. Worse, you're a Voidborn Navigator. Thanks to Ill-Omened mixed with Scorn of Dirt Dwellers, you've got -15 on Fellowship tests with the locals. Anything not Fellowship based, fortunately, is only -5. You can roll Inquiry as a basic skill, but you only have a 2% chance of success. Honestly, if you passed that check, I'd say you've been so astoundingly fortunate as to stumble upon exactly what you need, but it'll still take time to do, pass or fail.

Honestly, I'm not sure how to handle this, which is why this update took me so long, and I still don't have great ideas. You could ask the crew to roll against their rating on your behalf, but then they'd all know what you're doing. You could ask Anika for help, but she's busy with the investigations. I'm open to suggestions, but Echo's skillset is really not suited to this task. The only interaction skill he's great at is Intimidate. You don't really have appropriate trade or lore skills for it, either.

Moreover, the main thing that I can think of as a downside to the search is time. You could just say you're going to every weird curio shop in the hive, but that'd take forever. Only, 'forever' is malleable because this is a game and I haven't set any sort of time limit on how long you guys can kick about Scintilla before you need to move on. You've been here I think about a week in-game, maybe two, but even that isn't super long in terms of the timescales Rogue Trader operates on. So... how do you want to go about this?

And for everyone else, how do you want to go about the rest of the investigation? What do you want out of it, how deep are you willing to dig? I really do feel bad that Ravia and Hannabel don't have all that much to do just now. I'd like to move on, but I don't want to do that before I've given you a fair chance to solve the puzzle.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2022-08-22 at 09:29 AM.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing