The tall, strange-looking one is the first to start on answering Kharesh’s questions, though seems to amble into a lot of loosely relevant setup. “When we moved in here about a year ago, I had thought we lucked out with our gnoll neighbor, Jaghun. We actually own this place. Real estate in Dogtown is dirt cheap, if you can even find the owner. He was calm, and honestly, he was actually kind of nice, for a gnoll, I mean. Most gnolls are as likely to try and rip your arms off as talk with you, but not him - he’s downright chatty.”

Sapha gets more to the point, “Jaghun keeps trying to kill us because some of his possessions went missing about six months back - a pittance compared to all his wealth, but he thinks we did it. We didn’t, but he still keeps doing this. We don’t know why he does it in this weird way, and he pretends like he knows nothing about it when we’ve tried to get him to stop.”

“It’s never been his people, though. It’s always just some odd folks who came to him for something, and he manages to dupe into trying to kill us instead - no offense. He was a Spotted Hide raider, and an important one I gather. Now he gambles most of the day, and basically has a harem next door. But I don’t know much about his history beyond that.”

The rogue answers Kharesh’s final question with a non-answer, “and I think I know why he knows of this Sofh.” He looks to Dalnu expectantly.