View Single Post

Thread: Chult Hex Crawl - IC

1. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Chult Hex Crawl - IC

Nolwenn is just as surprised as the others when the Grung hunters pop out of the bushes. With all those weapons already drawn, all she can do is put her hands out to show she's unarmed while she anxiously waits for their guide to handle the initial confrontation. Damn them for jumping the group before she had a chance to cast her spell of understanding. At Qawasha's beckoning, though, the wizard relaxes somewhat and steps in with the others. "Not exactly what I had in mind," she admits as the party is led through the maze of brambles, Red's condemnation of getting surrounded in the Grung's camp sitting squarely in her mind. "But it looks like we never had a choice," she adds, partially to save her own dignity, "they already knew exactly where we were and were ready to spring. Draelin's right, though, if they wanted us dead, they'd have attacked already."

As they get into the village proper, Nolwenn gets the guide's attention. "Qawasha, you seem to understand a bit of what they're saying. Can you impress on them that when I cast a spell, it won't be a harmful one?" she asks, continuing with an explanation, "it's a potent spell, and the ritual by which I cast it might be...anxiety-inducing for those uneducated in the arcane arts, but it's harmless, merely an incantation that will allow me to understand any language with perfect precision. Any misunderstandings with them could be"--she gestures to all the bow-wielding frog-men--"disastrous."
    Last edited by The Hellbug; 2022-08-12 at 11:40 AM.
    Coach and Owner of Hellbug's Heroes, Sneak Kings, Sultans of Slaughter, and Commercial Cast-Offs. Season II and III runner-up. Season IV league champion. Season VII division champion.