1. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Second Darkness: Children of the Void [IC]

Tysra is in a disagreeable mood upon her return to the Gold Goblin, and listening to what the others have learned does little to improve her disposition.

"The news you have brought us, if accurate, is most displeasing." She glances briefly to Ozlech and Lev before return her gaze to the center of the table, seemingly intent on staring a hole through its surface. "The Gas Forges are the only forges in the region which burn hot enough to work skymetal. Thus, it is certain that the dwarves of Goldhammer's company are experienced in the handling of such rare material. Their competence is evident in the danger and difficulty of their craft, and though I cannot know if they have previously had an opportunity to retrieve these metals at their source, given the longevity of their kind, I believe it prudent to assume that they have. That we are two days behind such a company means we are at a distinct disadvantage."

She is silent for a moment before continuing.

"The only conceivable remediating factor I can see here is that some of the other companies may have little interest in retrieving skymetal from the earth. It seems possible, if not likely, that at least Zincher's thugs may be planning to obtain skymetal in the same manner by which they obtained their vessel. In that case, the greater Goldhammer's success, the more likely his company may be to be preyed upon by the least scrupulous of our competitors."
    Last edited by rypt; 2022-08-11 at 11:43 PM.