The Red Horns takes to the air, flying up to peer over the wall of briars. As he gains altitude, the first thing he sees is a giant building, shaped like a frog. It is surrounded by a swampy body of water. The drier bits are covered with primitive huts and reed buildings. As he clears the top of the hedge, he realizes that it's in fact a labyrinth. Twisty, thorn-filled passages prevent anybody from directly approaching the village. Here and there within the labyrinth, he catches flashes of golden light, as if there are statues or other golden objects hidden within.

Several small, frog-people are wandering around the village. Suddenly somebody shouts an alarm, and seconds later one of the frog-folk starts banging a large gong. Several of them scan the skies, then spot The Red Horns. He drops out of sight before they can raise their bows and shoot him.

Upon describing the scene to the others, Draelin searches his memory and comes up with something. He knows the frog-folk worship a primitive deity called Nangnang, and this is likely a shrine to her, and a village built around it.

Qawasha is able to expound further. "This must be the village of Dungrunglung. I have heard of it, but never been here. My apologies, I have led us further south than I meant to. The grung are excellent hunters, but rarely attack a superior foe. I have my bearings now, and we can continue if you like."