Qawasha helps Kupalue up to his feet - the vegepygmy had tumbled into the bracken in his haste to get away from the zombies. The druid looks sorrowfully upon the fallen members of the party. "I am deeply sorry for your loss. This only furthers my resolve to rid this jungle of the undead threat. The circle of life ends in death, but this undeath...." He sighs deeply, clearly rattled.

The remaining party members are able to get the 2nd canoe the rest of the way up the cliff without further difficulties. Now came the unpleasant task of carrying them through the jungle. It took everybody helping to either carry the canoes, or carry everything else.

The jungle is close here, the tree trunks tall and covered in bromeliads and vines. Giant flowers, thorny bushes, and foot-catching roots abound, and travel is slow going. There are no game trails, here, not many signs of life on the ground. Above, monkeys chatter and birds sing, but on the ground, it's silent. Except for the constant drone and whine of insects; they seem particularly veracious here; perhaps the undead do not provide enough blood for them to feast on. You do see occasional sign that the undead have passed through, leaving behind bits of flesh and bone as they tear away from their bodies.

Qawasha, leading confidently at first, starts to hesitate more and more often. He knows they need to go west, but under the canopy, it's not always possible to determine direction. When the jungle starts to dim, he finally calls you all to rest for the night. You need to cut away some of the vines to make a clearing big enough for everybody.

Any reactions to the big day? I'd like perception checks for anybody who takes a watch tonight. Also, great battle everybody, inspiration for all.