View Single Post

Thread: [M&M 3e] Defying the Future IC

1. - Top - End - #245
    Barbarian in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: [M&M 3e] Defying the Future IC

Kal marvels at how the thread displays and patterns itself around the various cultists, depicting the hearts of their respective magics. As she does so, she can't help but wonder if Apophis is watching this all from some vantage point, enjoying himself.

"Do you think he's paying attention," Kal thinks, over to Ariadne. "Enjoying himself, as others suffer. Thatstupidgoodfornothing..."

She suddenly feels an odd tug in one of the threads, as she weaves another shield about the team. Did it get caught on something? Kal wonders.

"It certainly has," Ariadne thinks back, meeting Kal's incandescent rage with a sort of weary calm. "Threads in the world catch on pointed things, jagged things. Edges that are not smooth. Threads from your soul catch on pointed thoughts, jagged thoughts. Emotions that burn too bright."

"But he might be WATCHING..."

"Yes, I know. I heard you before. This is the way of gods, they are always 'watching,' being terrible. It changes nothing."

"So let me guess, I just need to think happy thoughts, is that it. Then the thread listens better."

"I did not say that," Ariadne replies, a little miffed that her tutelage is being dismissed as stereotypical. "You do not have to think happy thoughts, or sad thoughts, or any thoughts at all. All such things are a waste. You just need to focus on what needs to be done, and then let the thread help you do it. You can be happy or sad if you like, in the meantime -- the thread cares none."

Kal goes quiet for a moment, as she renews more of the shield patterns encasing the team, making sure to reinforce areas that need it.

"...you're right, thank you," Kal thinks back, finally. "I needed that."

"Hnn, hnn. Focus now, engoní. On what needs to be done."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Gonna maintain Silken Shields around the team for another round.
    Last edited by Abracadangit; 2022-08-01 at 04:50 PM.