Charuv

"It's a concern, of course. I don't think they're about to come around in the middle of the day for a social call, though. Haven't all of the murders been at night?"

The lady hid a small smile behind her teacup. She hadn't reacted overly much, as far as either of them could tell. It was possible she was very good at concealing her emotions. Nobility tended to be, or at least the ones who lasted for any length of time. "I've been a little busy, I'm afraid, so I'm somewhat behind on the latest. Is this more than just a social call, then?"

Echo

"Oh yes, I and my tank are highly mobile, and capable of affecting an escape at any moment," Sargon said dryly.

"And yes, you've captured me. You have not, however, turned me in, and for this and many other reasons I am intrigued. Plus..." he floated closer to the near side of the tank, pressing his webbed hands up against the glass. "Do you have any idea how refreshing it is to finally have another Navis to talk to? Pirates, for all their merits in terms of accepting outcasts from polite society, are only human. They do not, and cannot, understand our path. Our trials. Navigators are the Emperor's chosen, and the fate of the Imperium is ours to bear."

He retreated, swimming a slow circle about the tank. "Some things are more important than being petty."