1. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Second Darkness: Children of the Void [IC]

"Sit still I gotta read this!" the uncouth Gnome gripes, grabbing unceremoniously at anything that might serve as a handhold. With a single grunt, the oversized badger seems to convey begrudging acceptance as he patiently suffers this latest indignation. Precariously perched atop the beast's shoulders, Maggie rises to her knees to get close enough to read the details of the post. Gnawing on the last of the salted meat she was able to afford after wandering into the city, she reads aloud "Yuk'n be mscle, Scruff. I know some mag'c, 'n I'kn shpik Undercom'n, too!" she muses, uncomfortably dry-mouthed. Finally, she manages to swallow the bite, and glances down forlornly at the now-empty waxed paper.

"Suppose if we want to keep eatin' I better go ask, eh?" Chuckling at some unspoken joke, the fire-haired Gnome slides down her companion's striped flank and begins to stride purposefully down the street. After taking a brisk dozen paces or so, she suddenly pulls up short. "'Scuse me, miss?" she calls, interrupting a pair of woman gossiping nearby in the midmorning sun. "Can either of you point me towards the 'Gold Goblin Gambling Hall?'" She offers her most winsome smile (which is, in fact, quite winsome), and begins heading in the indicated direction.

"Thanks a bunch!" she calls over her shoulder, as she breaks into a skipping step, gawking openly at the grand buildings and frowning unhappily at the intermittent signs of pervasive waste. "C'mon Scruff, let's go get some food! er- ...money! Then we'll get more food!"