Echo

"Yes, a warp phenomena. Most don't hear them." Sargon waved one hand slowly, so as not to upset his balance in the tank. "You've heard about the ghost ships, I imagine. Generally, any vessel that suffers that fate has very little information worth offering, but some can be inferred. The log entries are dated strangely, sometimes from hundreds of years past. I recall one instance of recorded access through an external airlock, from the outside, but regretably the salvage team that found that ship set it back adrift, and no deeper study could be made. Something is there, though. Something that interferes with astropaths, and our gifts, that disrupts the normal passage of time. Something that makes whole crews vanish."

"I.. really must advise against going there, Castermire. They have scanned that tower, and found no life. I don't know where the astropathic beacon comes from, no one has ever investigated personally, but the sensor scans report there is no living thing there to send it. That, and the buzzing... the world is named cursed for a reason."

Anika

House Charuv was known to Anika, and finding the Lady for a chat wouldn't be terribly difficult. She was a minor heir, very low on the totem pole of succession, and unlikely to ever inherit much beyond a regular stipend from the house. Clearly, she'd decided to spend her time on other pursuits. Anika would be able to find her with just a house call, since her status afforded her the ability to do so. For the others, she sent off a few messages, and waited.