View Single Post

Thread: Critters III! Now also in 5e!

1. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Critters III! Now also in 5e!

Dire Bunnies
    Large Animal
    Hit Dice: 6d8+18 (45 hp)
    Initiative: +3
    Speed: 50 ft. (10 squares), Burrow 20 ft.
    Armor Class: 16 (-1 Size, +3 Dex, +4 Natural), touch 12, flat-footed 13
    Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+11
    Attack: Claw +6 melee (1d6+3)
    Full Attack: 2 Claws +6 melee (1d6+3) and 1 Bite +1 melee (1d6+1)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Improved Grab, Rake (1d6+3)
    Special Qualities: Low Light Vision, Immune to Nausea, Magic Tinkering, Scent, Scamper
    Saves: Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +4
    Abilities: Str 16, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 2, Wis 14, Cha 10
    Skills: Jump +11, Listen +13, Spot +8
    Feats: Alertness, Fleet of Foot, Run
    Environment: Temperate Forests or Plains
    Organization: Solitary, Pair, Group (4-8), Colony (Several thousand)
    Challenge Rating: 4
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Always Neutral
    Advancement: 6-9 HD (Large), 10-18 HD (Huge), 19-36 HD (Gargantuan), 37+ HD (Colossal)
    Level Adjustment: ---

"Mommie I found a bunny can I keep 'im."

"HOLY (BEEP)!!!"

"Mommie you always told me I wasn't 'sposed to use that word..."

Rumor has it that Dire Bunnies began as either a drunken joke, or the result of a mad farming mage who wanted a bigger food source. If so the joke was on him. A diet of pure rabbit meat can lead to a condition known as "rabbit starvation", and they mindlessly reproduce much quicker than sheep or cattle. Some are extwa fwuffy though, so their fur is quite prized. they aren't as good at burrowing as their regular sized cousins, but they can still scamper quite fast.

Improved Grab (Ex): If a Dire Rabbit hits with it's Claw Attack, it may immediately make a Grapple Check as a Free Action without provoking an Attack of Opportunity. If successful it may Rake.

Rakes (Ex): In a Grapple the Dire Rabbit has 2 Rake Attacks +6 to hit doing 1d6+3 damage.

Immune to Nausea (Ex): Due to their odd digestive system, rabbits cannot vomit, and so are immune to being Sickened/Nauseated.

Magic Tinkering (Ex): Unlike most Dire Animals, Dire Rabbits come about as a result of magic used to increase their potential (much like Magebred horses in Eberron). Unfortunately it went awry, and instead Dire Rabbits continue to grow with age. Maximum size and age are currently unknown.

Scamper (Ex): If it wishes to flee a Dire Rabbit can temporarily increase it's Land Speed to 80 ft for (3+Constitution Modifier) rounds. Once it Scampers it is Fatigued and may not scamper again until it has rested.

Skills: Dire Rabbits have a +8 Racial Bonus on Jump checks. They also have a +4 Racial Bonus on Listen checks.

Combat: Bunnies are much like cats in that they prefer to grab hold and rake.

Elder Dire Bunnies
    Super Deluxe Extra Biggie Sized "Hep Me Jebus" Animal
    Hit Dice: 100d8+1500 (1950 hp)
    Initiative: +8
    Speed: 70 ft. (14 squares)
    Armor Class: 34 (-16 Size, +40 Natural), touch 0, flat-footed 34
    Base Attack/Grapple: +75/+115
    Attack: Claw +85 melee (8d6+20/19-20)
    Full Attack: 2 Claws +85 melee (8d6+20/19-20) and 1 Bite +85 melee (8d6+10/19-20)
    Space/Reach: 100 ft./65 ft.
    Special Attacks: Improved Grab, Rake (8d6+20)
    Special Qualities: Low Light Vision, Immune to Nausea, Magic Tinkering, Scent, Scamper, Invulnerability 20/-
    Saves: Fort +67, Ref +52, Will +39
    Abilities: Str 50, Dex 10, Con 40, Int 2, Wis 14, Cha 40
    Skills: Jump +40, Listen +40, Search +19, Spot +40
    Feats: Alertness, Awesome Blow, Blind-Fight, Cleave, Daunting Presence (Lords of Madness), Defensive Sweep (PHB2), Devastating Critical (Bite, Claw, Epic), Dire Charge (Epic), Endurance, Epic Endurance, Epic Prowess x5, Epic Will, Fleet of Foot (Complete Warrior), Great Cleave, Hear the Unseen (Complete Adventurer), Improved Bull Rush, Improved Critical (Claw, Bite), Improved Initiative, Improved Multiattack, Multiattack, Overwhelming Assault (PHB2), Overwhelming Critical (Bite, Claw, Epic), Power Attack, Run, Superior Initiative (Epic), Weapon Focus (Claw, Bite) 1 more
    Environment: Temperate Forests or Plains
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 37
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Always Neutral
    Advancement: 101+ HD (Big)
    Level Adjustment: ---

"Lookit it...just standin' aout there...wigglin' it's nose...it's EVIL I tells ya!"

" Bob...it's a rabbit...they all do that."

It'll be a'comin' fer our alfalfa fields...Ah knows it...Ah'm psychic that way..."

" Bob...rabbits eat alfalfa."

"Guess it's up to me to stop it!!"

10 minutes later:

"Dude...what the hell is Bob doing? Is he attacking a 300 foot tall rabbit with a hoe?"

"Yeah. Good thing the rabbit hasn't even noticed him. Oh wait I think it just sniffed him..."

BOOM

"Well...guess we won't have to bail Bob out of jail anymore..."

Some Dire Rabbits get old enough to become truly gigantic. Many an adventurer have been goaded into attacking one to avoid being called a chicken. Not many of them survive the dare. Those who do have one really lucky rabbits foot necklace (which requires some sort of magical levitation device to tow around).

Invulnerability (Ex): Invulnerability is similar to Damage Reduction, but it also blocks damage from energy attacks, spells, spell-like abilities, and supernatural abilities. For example the Elder Dire Bunny has Invulnerability 20. That means it negates the first 20 points of damage from any attack (this includes untyped damage).

Combat: Dire Elder Bunnies rarely need to attack. They're less an opponent than a mobile aspect of nature.

Giant Bunnies
    "Good evening, and welcome to Mutual of Gnomeahaw's Wild Kingdom! As always, I'm your host Harlan Jergens! Today on Wild Kingdom we'll be looking at the pets Farmer John has for sale."

More Dangerous Than They Appear
    "Rabbits? You made Giant Rabbits? Aren't the regular ones big enough pest now?"

"Bunnies are surprisingly loyal to owners who treat them well. They've successfully defended many a peasant froom wolves or coyotes."

"Are there any difficulties with them?"

"There is a kink we haven't quite worked out..."

OH CRAP

"What might that be?"

"They grow bigger with age. But it's not like they're immortal. What's the worst that could happen"
    Last edited by Bhu; 2022-07-10 at 04:36 PM.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here