View Single Post

Thread: Nightmare in Katapesh IC

1. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Nightmare in Katapesh IC

Kathalra seems to accept the ka-<yip>-ka as a peace offering.

Jaghun reaches for the coin, but when Mauricio pulls it back, he seems to accept this. He continues to play his game, throwing a card into the center of the table. He leans in toward Mauricio and speaks very softly - even Mauricio and Sadar can barely hear him - “I wouldn’t give up one of my kind on this, but Kath screwed up, though she doesn’t know it. She sold this Sofh under the alias the woman gave to some nearby vermin. They somehow recognized her, realized she’d be worth a lot, scrounged up enough money to purchase her with some added sob story about being family, and now will auction her off under her real name. I overheard one of them boasting about it. This gang holes up in a decrepit warehouse a few blocks from here. It’s a sure thing that is where they’d have her. I can give you the specific location.” Jaghun holds out his hand for the coin, with his attention still mostly on his card game.

Spoiler: Sense motives
    Show
    Though Sadar and Mauricio don’t trust the gnoll inherently, neither of them think he is lying to them.
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2022-07-09 at 02:03 PM.