View Single Post

Thread: Chult Hex Crawl - IC

1. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Chult Hex Crawl - IC

Yup, today was worse. The soreness from yesterday's paddling already added with another exhausting morning on the water, and by noon Nolwenn was already feeling as fatigued as the end of the day's paddling the day before. Perhaps, this is why she didn't register the sheer size of what she thought were birds drifting on a thermal. When her companions warned her, though, the wizard's eyes went wide as she realized that they weren't small, but far away, and coming in fast.

Having followed her first instinct and ducked with a scream as the dinosaurs swooped in for their first pass, Nolwenn, now gaining her composure, grips the small mirror at the end of her necklace and casts a spell, holding the last act of willing her magic into existence until the flying predators come back in for a second pass. "Hold on tight, Bliksem, I've got you!" she shouts, and, as soon as the dinosaurs swoop back into range, she releases the spell, unleashing a stream of gale-force wind directly at them.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    So, don't know if this works (the spell description doesn't say it impacts flying creatures any different from grounded ones, which seems weird to me), but it seems appropriate. Nolwenn casts Gust of Wind at the quetzalcoatls when they're about 60 feet away. I'd like to catch all of them, but if they're not coming in one behind the other then c'est la vie.
    Last edited by The Hellbug; 2022-06-14 at 11:53 AM.
    Coach and Owner of Hellbug's Heroes, Sneak Kings, Sultans of Slaughter, and Commercial Cast-Offs. Season II and III runner-up. Season IV league champion. Season VII division champion.