View Single Post

Thread: [M&M 3e] Defying the Future IC

1. - Top - End - #188
    Barbarian in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: [M&M 3e] Defying the Future IC

"It feels... hollow here, now," Kal says, as she casts her threadwork sense over the area. "Nothing else lingers. I do not miss our enemy, but..." She stares at the pile left behind on the floor. "I wish there had been another way to mend her spirit." She turns to Helios. "We shall gaze together, and see if there is anything to see."

"You get used to the spirits, engoni. Like crushing a spider -- you hesitate the first time, because you know you will feel all the little pieces crunch beneath your hand. It stings your heart. After five, fifty, a hundred..." Ariadne pauses. "One day, you no longer think about it. Your hand just moves."

Kal is honestly repulsed; a twinge of nausea winds through her stomach. "I don't ever want to be like that," she thinks back, resolutely. "I will always look for a better way, a more peaceful way."

"Hnn, hnn, hnn," Araidne smirks, internally. "I used to say the same thing. And sometimes, that way will be there. And sometimes it will not. Better you get over what it feels like to crush a spider now."

"Can hardly call that 'crushing a spider.' For all of that 'threading the world' talk, it looked like it just bounced off of her."

"Lots of your friends' little tricks bounced off of her, too," Ariadne points out. "You forget that you are new, at this. It was a fine job, for the first time, and there will be more spiders to come. For now you are more prepared, and have some new ideas for what you can do, hm?"

"Thank you, for saying that. I should try to learn what you did, copy those patterns. But I don't know if my needle's quick enough."

"Keep practicing. One day, you no longer think about it. Your hand just moves."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Gonna Threadwork Sense ping the area (even though as exposition pointed out, you don't need this sense to know it's empty, ha ha), and see if it can tell me anything about the weird pile that the Siren left behind.
    Last edited by Abracadangit; 2022-06-14 at 10:29 AM.