Party

Did the Kindjals have xenos pets? If so they didn't seem interested in showing them off. While hiding in the washroom Anika will make an effort to identify and locate the xenos signals.

Spoiler: ooc
Show

Going to see if I can get more information
Forbidden Lore (Xenos) vs. Int 53 (+10 Talented FL Xenos)
(1d100)[20]

Scrutiny vs. Per 43
(1d100)[23]

Investigations

The connection of the murdered to the parties they had attended seemed to just raise more questions. Anika was quite willing to believe that the Stalker's motive might turn out to be something as petty as one noble being shown up by a another over the wine or the enertainment at another's party. She will start drawing links between the victims to see if there was any attendee at a particular party that hadn't yet been visited by the Stalker.

To Theresa, 'Hopefully there weren't too many picts. I don't think I could be paying anyone enough to look at images of dead bodies for work.' She wasn't a psychologist but the manner in which the victims were killed seemed to suggest a disturbed individual rather then a calculating assassin. Assuming it wasn't literally a servitor of some sort. Inflicting wounds after death seemed to sit oddly with the Stalker's technological prowess.

Ravia

At some point Anika is going to go find Ravia to make use of her expertise. 'I'm working on a theory, although I seem to be barely sleeping lately so feel free to let me know if I'm not making sense.' Anika has a dataslate full of evidence with her. 'Whoever this Stalker person is the most interesting thing about them is the tech that they seem to be using. Picking locks is nothing. I could do it myself with the right tools. Deleting yourself from any local pict recorders is something else entirely. But the other devices are surely still working. If the Stalker is going in and deleting the data what are the chances that they leave something behind? And frankly if we know how the Stalker is disabling everyone's tech perhaps we could close whatever loophole they use to do it. I feel like the Commissariat ought to have their own Tech Priests for this sort of thing, but perhaps the Mechanicus only lends out their more incompetent members for this sort of work.'

Spoiler: ooc
Show

Going to try and borrow Ravia's Tech-Use to see if the Stalker leaves a trace of itself behind in the cameras. Maybe it's like a Recycle Bin

Anika can give +10 if its needed

Spoiler: Destro & Rax only
Show

At some point after the Kindjal party Anika will find a moment to call Hannabel in private.

'Getting straight to the point. Your friend has given us a contract. We've been asked to ferry a group of a hundred or so pilgrims to Footfall when we return through the Maw. I don't think they're all heavily armed but some of them certainly seem to be former Guard. Supposedly they're intending to mount a lovely tour of some notable sites in the Expanse starting with the statue of the Emperor in Footfall.' Anika will pause for a second to see how badly Hannabel takes it. 'If you hadn't told me what you did I might have believed she was sincere.'

'I did consider trying to talk Macharius out of agreeing to it, but then I feel like I would have needed to explain what the problem was. The good news is that I would say there's no reason to think they know anything about your actual location. If they know where you and intend to come for you on the ship I'd like to think they would have brought more men with them. But if you don't want to spend the journey to Footfall in your quarters I think we need to confer. Assuming you'd not rather we go to Macharius about this?'