View Single Post

Thread: [M&M 3e] Defying the Future IC

1. - Top - End - #183
    Barbarian in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: [M&M 3e] Defying the Future IC

Kal watches as the Siren's pale talons make quick work of her defensive latticework of threads, designed to deflect and displace her attacks.

"My magic may not be of much use here," she says, with grim resignation.

"Nonsense," Ariadne says, almost offended. "You pay very close attention, your great grandmother is going to show you a little trick, but you cannot do this all the time. You are not strong enough yet, do you understand?" Kal thinks back the idea of nodding. "I told you everything is Thread, hm? This includes the things with Forms -- apples, drinking cups, mountains, minotaurs -- but it also includes the things without Forms. Sounds, thoughts, memories. And light." An invisible force directed her attention to the few places where light enters the room.

"You want me to weave light and the thread together?" Kal asks. "I don't know that I understand."

"This underworld woman, she does not like the light. So yes, we will spin her some special thread with light woven inside. Hold up your needle for me, and I will guide your hand."

Kal does as she is told. "How do we begin."

"I taught you how to look with your inner eye, perceive the threads as they move through the world. Now you are going to perceive the world as it moves through the thread. Are you ready, engoní?"

With some mental effort, Kal reopens her threadwork sense, and sees everything as it was before. But instead of focusing on the Siren's threads, she brings her attention to the light in the room, and how it surrounds the thread. The longer she stays fixated on it, the more she almost loses the ability to distinguish between the light and the thread; their forms start to bristle and blur.

"Very good. Now I take it from here. Watch carefully."

An outside observer would notice that Kal's hands suddenly move with a sort of wild energy, as though they have woven this particular pattern a million times across a million lives. The threads that appear around the Siren are not Ariadne's usual red, but are made from a shimmering, glowing energy, and the lines start to converge on the Siren in a dazzling web of radiance.

"I don't think I can control it," Kal thinks, as the particle-thin strands of light begin to tangle and snarl.

"Don't control it, then," Ariadne counters. "Just weave."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Free Action: Switching Threadwork Conjurations back to Threadwork Sense, because it makes sense for the fluff. Action: Gonna Extra Effort a Power Stunt to lightweave a Snaring Strands on the Siren, going to max All-Out for a +5.
    Threads of Light [Magic] [Light]: Damage 10 (Ranged, Affects Insubstantial 2, Homing, Quirk [Short Range Only], Incurable, Perception) Linked Affliction 10 (Vulnerable/Defenseless; Affects Insubstantial 2, Limited Degree)
    Siren: (1d20+15)[22]
    Last edited by Abracadangit; 2022-06-09 at 10:58 AM.