View Single Post

Thread: Chult Hex Crawl - IC

1. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Chult Hex Crawl - IC

Nolwenn wakes up to the exact soreness she had been dreading. You traded a feather bed for this, Nolwenn my dear.
    Maybe not the best bargain, hmm?
    She quashes the doubtful voice in her head that sounds suspiciously like her mother and tosses and turns on her sleeping pad for a couple minutes, hoping to catch even one more moment of sleep. However, the sounds of the others moving around soon motivate her, and she groans in disappointment, crawls outside, and stiffly gets to her feet.

In the bustle of the morning preparations, the empty raincatchers are the first thing to get Nolwenn's attention. As she's lurking near them, disappointed and wishing for a drink, she is struck by an idea. She stokes last night's fire back to life and inquires around for any pots for boiling water. Filling the two she is able acquire with water from the river, she calls on her magic to warm the water in each before putting them over the fire in sequence, thinking that starting with warm water will bring it to a boil faster. Once it reaches a boil, she uses the same spell to try to cool it faster, making a call for anyone with empty waterskins to fill up, repeating the process until everyone is quenched and full on water.

During the wait on the water, Nolwenn cleans up before getting Xarmus's attention. "So," she begins, "I don't think we were properly introduced last night--my fault, very tired, apologies--I'm Nolwenn." The wizard bows before she continues, her tone more curious. "How'd you end up out here? I didn't see any paths or anything and with a donkey at that. I mean, and forgive me if I'm wrong, but you don't look like anyone else I've seen from Chult."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    That's just prestidigitation to warm and cool objects. If it doesn't work she's just got to do it the slow way.
    Last edited by The Hellbug; 2022-06-09 at 10:42 AM.
    Coach and Owner of Hellbug's Heroes, Sneak Kings, Sultans of Slaughter, and Commercial Cast-Offs. Season II and III runner-up. Season IV league champion. Season VII division champion.