View Single Post

Thread: Chult Hex Crawl - IC

1. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Chult Hex Crawl - IC

"Oh, yes, of course!" Nolwenn replies, taking the recipe and squinting at it, "I have just the thing!" Three lively paces to the desk later, she sits and makes a flicking motion with her hand, her spell sending one of the books flipping through its pages swiftly. "Aaaand, there," she announces pressing her finger down a page and manually flipping it back to the one before it. "You can come in, but it'll be a few minutes, and I can't be interrupted. Make yourself comfortable," the wizard says back over her shoulder to The Red Horns at the door before going back to clearing part of the desk to make room for a small satchel and a wooden rack for vials.

Regardless of the tiefling's response, Nolwenn begins her ritual, pulling all sorts of this and that from the satchel between reference glances back to her spellbook before adding them pinch by pinch to one of the vials, incanting arcane gibberish with each added item. Minutes later, she finally produces a small slip of paper, carefully writes a single word on it, applies three drops of her solution to it, and, with a snap of her fingers, sets it ablaze, placing it on a clear spot of the desk to burn. When it's done, she smudges the ash with her pinky finger and smears it on her eyelids and the tips of her ears, saying the final words of her incantation. She blinks a few times and holds up the recipe again. "Perfect!" Nolwenn exclaims, putting it back down and starting to copy it in her best handwriting, "I'm going to have to trust that you know what these ingredients are, though. Some of these are no less mysterious in common."
    Last edited by The Hellbug; 2022-06-02 at 01:49 PM.
    Coach and Owner of Hellbug's Heroes, Sneak Kings, Sultans of Slaughter, and Commercial Cast-Offs. Season II and III runner-up. Season IV league champion. Season VII division champion.