View Single Post

Thread: Sea of Stars - IC III

1. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Sea of Stars - IC III

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGolem View Post
    It should be relatively easy to confine them to their quarters and a shrine. They're being transported as pilgrims, not combat advisors or sightseers. There's no reason they should be allowed free run of the ship. And for the Guard veterans, that should be what they're used to. I don't believe Guardsmen are normally allowed to wander Navy ships as they wish. Bad for morale, can lead to inter-service brawls, that sort of thing.
    'That depends on them doing what they're told of course. As long as we're prepared.' Anika looks worried.

Party

If nothing gets in her way Anika will snoop a little. Looking at other people's books was a habit whether or not she knew the owner, but if she didn't find anything interesting she'll try and investigate the areas of the house that weren't supposed to be accessible to the guests. She'd didn't think she'd be able to sneak past the guards even when she was younger so she'll try and talk her way through. With a drink still in hand Anika will ask one of them if they could direct her to the nearest bathroom. Regrettably there seemed to be a lot of guests here tonight and she would have to queue otherwise to use the toilet.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Deceive vs. Fel 47 (+10 Etiquette)
    (1d100)[90]
    probably better that this failed

Spoiler: Destro only
    Show

This is a fishing expedition and it's dependent on the guards letting Anika through anyway. She doesn't trust Lady Kindjal but doesn't know enough to know what she should be looking for so I thought I'd throw an Awareness roll at the problem while Anika is in her house.

Awareness vs. Per 43 (Awareness +10) (+20 if she has a chance to use her Auspex where no one else is around)
    (1d100)[60]

And if she gets to use the auspex, Tech Use vs. Int 53
    (1d100)[14]

Pilgrimage Preparations

At some point after the party Anika will call the Sting to inform her subordinates that they would have guests for the return journey. She'll look to prepare quarters in the ship that are at a relative distance from anywhere important. She'll also ask the crew to keep an eye on the Kindjal pilgrims for the whole journey.

Stalker Investigations

Anika will do what she can to investigate any leads on the Stalker. She will rope in Theresa, Macharius or anyone else who might be around to assist her.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Going to try and roll to follow up on some things while I'm trying to catch everything

Are there any specific details that can be understood by looking at autopsy reports of the Stalker's victims.
    See https://forums.giantitp.com/showsing...postcount=1455

Scrutiny vs. Per 43
    (1d100)[60]

And from a post of Rax
    https://forums.giantitp.com/showsing...9&postcount=90

No idea how to work out motive from first principles. At best we can maybe discern it from other things.

But otherwise, is there a pattern from all available records to how the Stalker seems to get inside the premises of the victims. Do they deactivate everything, do they use brute force or is it unclear how the Stalker gets inside in the first place
    Scrutiny vs. Per 43
    (1d100)[72]

Logis Prophesying
    Given the social circles that each of the victims moved in, can the connections of subsequent victims be anticipated? Ideally Anika is trying to create a red string board to look for patterns.
    vs. Int 53 (might be a vague question)
    (1d100)[7]

Spoiler: Destro only
    Show

Research

Hannabal's revalations had made Anika interested in following up on everything she knew about the Kindjals while they were still on Scintilla. Mother had mentioned a tangentiable association with Tech Heresy. Anika will make inquiries with the Commissariat to see if they could tell her some of the details.

ooc - Lead I realised I didn't follow up on
    https://forums.giantitp.com/showsing...postcount=1455

Inquiry vs. Fel 47 (+10 Etiquette?)
    (1d100)[73]

And I should check if the servo skull network mentioned here went anywhere
    https://forums.giantitp.com/showsing...1&postcount=93