Gurmok isn’t sure what to make of the wound. He doesn’t think it was caused by animal, but more than that he couldn’t say.
Spoiler
Show
@Gwynfrid: to study something like that doesn’t use your action, on the scale of this encounter glancing at his wound is instantaneous. Gurmok can take another action, or if it works better with your schedule, make two next round.

Sadar’s efforts seem to go a long way toward removing the edge from Hlaspak. Something about Sadar’s tone and conciliatory gesture calm the merchant, and he gestured the sign for forgiveness and says, “I should be more used to it. On some level, I understand too. Honestly, other gnolls probably put me on edge more than they do for you.”

Sadar is also familiar with the particular banishment scar on Hlaspak. It is from the Spotted Hide tribe, which is one of the gnoll tribes dwelling closest to the city. Additionally, the burn marks on the bottom are the mark shaming him for trying to make another gnoll work - one of the greatest sins a gnoll can commit.