While Mauricio may have accidentally irked the merchant, that might have been recoverable... had Sadar not opened his mouth. Mauricio's eyes press shut for a moment in a slow wince as Kharesh tries a less hostile, albeit blunt, approach. He notes the arrival and departure of what could only be part of the restaurant staff. That explains the location of Hlaspak's business.

When there is a moment with no customers, Mauricio approaches the gnoll again and fishes out his own personal coin pouch. As Mauricio begins counting out the five silver onto the counter, Hlaspak could see that the doctor's coin pouch is left painfully bare with a handful of copper coins remaining.

"I did not mean to cause offense, serrah. My father was a merchant, like you... well, in the ways that count. He taught me that harassing a man during his work is the height of rudeness. I never intended to leave this shop without compensating you for our presence here. I would like one of those violet salt crystals, please. Even if it is only for a day, I would like some reprieve from the sun's robbery of every drop of moisture from my body. As someone who is obviously an outsider, any suggestion on recipes to go with it?" As Mauricio asks his question, his eyes are drawn to Hlaspak's scars. Kharesh's observation was intriguing... What could have caused such a wound?

Spoiler: OOC
Show
Actions:
Discover: Medicine roll to gain clues about the source of the scars: (1d20+5)[7]
Discover: Lore (Mercantile) for any potential professional and constructive advice that Mauricio could give Hlaspak about his operations: (1d20+7)[10]
Mauricio Averni
HP: 17/17
AC: 14
Class DC: 17
Speed: 25
Fort: +4
Ref: +6
Will: +7
Perception: +7
Feats: Forensic Acumen, That's Odd