Hero Shrew
Diminutive Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 2d10+2 (13 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), Climb 20 ft., Fly 30 ft. (Perfect), Swim 20 ft.
Armor Class: 20 (+4 Size, +4 Dex, +2 Natural), touch 18, flat-footed 18
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+2
Attack: Bite +6 melee (1d3) or Ray +6 ranged (2d4)
Full Attack: Bite +6 melee (1d3) or Ray +6 ranged (2d4)
Space/Reach: 1 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Ray Vision
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., DR 5/-, Immune to Fear, Superhero, Energy Resistance 5
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +1
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 6, Wis 12, Cha 8
Skills: Balance +12, Climb +12, Hide +12, Listen +4, Move Silently +8, Spot +3, Swim +8
Feats: Great Fortitude
Environment: Warm Forests
Organization: Solitary or Justice League (5-10)
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: None
Alignment: Usually Chaotic Good
Advancement: 2 HD (Tiny)
Level Adjustment: ---

"WHO DARE ENTER THE LAIR OF THE ROBOTIC GECKOMISTRESS?"

"The what?"

Hero Shrews appear as particularly bulky Shrews wearing tiny little capes. Believing themselves the protectors of the innocent and the saviors of the world leads them to fight evil at every opportunity. Unfortunately, given the Shrews slightly subpar intellect, those opportunities come more often than strictly necessary due to little misunderstandings. They speak Common.

Ray Vision (Su): Once every 1d4 rounds the Hero Shrew can unleash an energy ray (choose Cold, Electricity, Fire, Force, or Sonic damage when making the Shrew) as a Standard Action. This is a ranged touch attack with a range of 30 feet doing 2d4 damage of the chosen Energy type. The Hero Shrews Energy Resistance is the same type of Energy chosen for their Ray Vision.

Superhero (Ex): Hero Shrews take no Size Penalties to opposed Combat Checks.

Skills: Shrews have a +4 racial bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks, and a +8 racial bonus on Balance, Climb, and Swim checks. A Shrew can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened. A Shrew uses its Dexterity modifier instead of its Strength modifier for Climb and Swim checks. A Shrew has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.

Combat: Hero Shrews pretty much fight like comic book superheroes: loud, up close, and with lots of collateral damage.

Hero Shrew
"Good evening, and welcome to Mutual of Gnomeahaw's Wild Kingdom! As always, I'm your host Harlan Jergens! Today on Wild Kingdom Jim and I will be taking a look at Scutisorex somereni, als known as the Hero Shrew."

OMG Look At The Little Capes!

"Hero Shrews are apparently an intelligent but flawed species who see themselves as the last stand against the forces of Evil."

"WE MEET AGAIN PROFESSOR JERGENS!"

With Great Power Comes Great Incoherence

"You know this Shrew Harlan?"

"Of course not Jim. Clearly it has mistaken me for someone else."

"I am not mistaken Fiend!! I know you from your days as the Clonemaster! Defend yourself!"

"A little help here Jim?"

"It's just a Shrew Harlan..."

ZAP