Zetath nods, “within Katapesh, you cannot just grab someone and make them into a slave. Outside of Katapesh though, if a caravan is raided, the people in it are often taken as slaves. It’s basically a business: raids happen close to the city, the people are then generally sold back to their loved ones. Usually Sofh would be on a caravan that is too heavily guarded for that to happen though.”

He shakes his head, “paying them is the only way.”. A small measure of hope returns to him, as the implications of the fact that he is speaking with one of the heroes that just saved the market dawn on him, “although, if one could find her, and take her back, as long as the slaver hadn’t done any legal legwork - most gnolls wouldn’t bother - then she would be free!” As an afterthought, he adds, “killing the slavers and not getting caught would work too even if they left a paper trail.”

He then faces all of you, steeling himself for disappointment as he makes his entreaty. “I have no right to ask and only a little to give. You saved my body this day, could you save my heart too? If you ever have any issues of mathematics or numerology, I will aid you for as long as I live. Sofh could certainty reward you with knowledge. And her father surely would reward you financially when he returns. Would you try to save her?”