Space/Reach: 1/2 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: Low Light Vision, Darkvision 60 ft., Scent, Shadow Cache
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +2
Abilities: Str 1, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 6, Wis 14, Cha 14
Skills: Balance +12, Climb +12, Hide +20, Listen +4, Move Silently +8, Spot +4
Feats: Weapon Finesse
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary, Pair, Group (3-6), Colony (10-100)
Challenge Rating: 1/4
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Always Neutral
Advancement: 1 HD (Diminutive)
Level Adjustment: ---

"AWRIGHT YOU FURRY LIL MONSTERS WHERE'S OUR STUFF!"

"Uhh...Abner I don't think the critters speak Common much less understand it.."

"THE HELL THEY DON'T!"

Pack Mice are small mouse-like critters who steal whatever isn't nailed down and hide it in an extra-dimensional pocket space. They are considered an unholy nuisance since they take food and necessary items, and hide them where they basically can't be found. They appear to be more intelligent than animals, and some whisper that the Pack Mice have their own secret language and they just pretend to be dumb around us big folk.

Shadow Cache (Su): Pack Mice can cast Shadow Cache at will. Caster Level is 4th, and if the Mouse dies the Cache ejects it's contents back onto the Plane of origin. Unlike the spell this does not deposit items on the Shadow Plane, but onto a small pocket dimension created by the Mouse.

Skills: Pack Mice gain a +4 Racial Bonus to Hide and Move Silently Checks. They also gain a +8 Racial Bonus to Balance and Climb Checks, and may always Take 10 on a Climb Check. They use their Dex modifier for Climb Checks.

Combat: Pack Mice don't fight, they run away. After stealing you blind. Then they come back after you've calmed down, and rob you again. Sometimes they pee on you while you're sleeping. Unless you're a mage get used to it, cause the little boogers are hard to pin down.

Pack Mouse
"Good evening, and welcome to Mutual of Gnomeahaw's Wild Kingdom! As always, I'm your host Harlan Jergens! Today on Wild Kingdom Jim and I will be attempting to ascertain just how intelligent Apodemus ruptor is, better known as the common Pack Mouse.

Burgling Rodents

"As will be commonly known to our viewing audience, Pack Mice steal food and other items and conceal them within the Shadowfell.."

"Do we believe they came by this naturally, or are they merely another magical experiment?."

"All scholarly work points towards them having evolved Harlan."

Furballs of the Shadowfell

"Strange. How go the experiments?"

"So far they've stolen everything we meant to test them with. We were going to bribe them with food to get it back, but they've stolen the food. All I've got left is the shirt on my back. Literally. They have somehow stolen my pants."

Shadow Cache
3rd Level Conjuration (Ritual)
Casting Time: 1 Action
Range: Touch
Components: V, S
Duration: 1 Hour
You can temporarily stash small items on the Shadowfell or permanently dispose of them there.
This spell opens a small portal to the Plane of Shadow that is invisible on the Material Plane and a small disk on the Plane of Shadow. You can reach into the Shadowfell through the portal created by shadow cache, but only small, nonliving objects may pass entirely through the hole. You can recover objects placed in the portal throughout the duration of the spell, or by casting another shadow cache later. The shadow cache remains stationary at the point where you create it. The spell cannot be cast on the Shadowfell itself, but only on planes coexistent with the Shadowfell.