Spoiler
Show
For the additional social check, I'll go ahead and toss more Persuasion. (1d20+10)[12], and since this one is more directly part of a face-to-face interaction, add +5 against anyone who would be subject to Attractive (from the Limited skill bonus; I'm pretty sure the actual bonus from Attractive doesn't apply since this isn't really an attempt to seduce, deceive, or improve reactions).

There wasn't much else Lily could expect to figure out without getting the pottery into a lab and giving them a proper analysis. But it would behoove them to be in good standing with the police, so she nodded in agreement with Naples's assessment of the need for knowledge, and then said, "Is there anything we can do to assist your efforts or investigations? I think the more smoothly we're all able to work together, the better it will be for everybody."

"And myself...I mean, yes, I would absolutely say that this situation is dire enough that if you perceive us as vigilantes, you should one-hundred percent flaunt any laws that would get in the way of us working together to keep this city safe, come down to it. But to be even more precise...I don't think it's correct to call us vigilantes. We aren't here to fight crimes."
Okay, to be fair, there was that one thief, but that was kinda a wrong place at the wrong time sort of situation. "We're here because this city is under attack, and we can help protect it."