"That's awful kind of ye." Kali nodded at the merchant's reply. "But I'm afraid all I can do is offer ta buy sumthin'."

As she glanced over his wares again, she tried to pick out something cheap enough to purchase and still leave her with enough funds to last another night or two in the city. Her options were limited, and Kali especially didn't want to pick up something that she'd only pawn off later.

"I'm not sure-" she started before she caught a small figure collapse out of the corner of her eyes. Kali let out a small exclamation as she looked back and forth between the gnome and the merchant in concern. Today was definitely a strange one. Her question momentarily forgotten, she stepped carefully over to the small figure lying in the street and considered the situation.

Likely heat had gotten to the little guy and he hadn't been drinking enough water. Kali reached back and grabbed her waterskin again as she knelt down next to him. She was about to give him a small shake when another thought occurred to her: it could be a trick. Pickpockets were rampant in the city and a wounded gambit like this could give the gnome or a nearby accomplice a perfect opportunity to snatch her coin purse as she tended to him.

Kali shook her head to banish the thought, she would rather not be wrong about this sort of thing. Also, collapsing in the middle of the street was a surefire way to get trampled, so he wouldn't be a very intelligent thief if that was his plan.

"You alright?" She asked, giving the gnome a gentle prod. "Can ye hear me? I'm going ta give ye some water."
Spoiler: OOC
Show

Medicine check to see if there's anything Kali can figure out about Gex's condition. Recall Knowledge, I guess? I'm not entirely sure what this is, but I think Medicine is the appropriate roll here.
(1d20+5)[20]