View Single Post

Thread: Nightmare in Katapesh IC

1. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Nightmare in Katapesh IC

Zetath permits examination of the items. Kharesh can tell the saingham are well made, and either of Pahmet origin or an exceptional imitation. Likely, the price asked is reasonable, perhaps low even. Regardless, most of the cost is locked up in their gilding, despite being a pretty uncommon weapon. The dwarven waraxe on the other hand is a very common weapon among dwarves, Pahmet included, although he doesn't think this one is Pahmet. The axe can be used with one or two hands easily, sort of a hand-and-a-half axe. He also knows that nearly every weaponsmith would charge at least 3 gold for a new one, and this one is barely used, Zetath is already offering it cheaply.

At Kharash's offer, Zetath shakes his head. "I'm afraid not, my friend. Goods I have, but coin is what I need. I am not really a weapon seller, all these weapons are incidental. It is unlikely another customer would come along to buy it, so I will have to go to another merchant to unload the axe. This waraxe for two gold and your axe is my counter offer."

At Kali's question, a forlorn grimace crosses Zetath's face, but he quickly composes himself. "Yes, my wife is a member of the Pathfinder Society."

A red-haired Varisian man picks up an ornamental silver rod inlaid with black and green stone rings. Zetath's attention gets pulled away, "a fine piece that is! Taken from the tomb of the vizier to Pharaoh Gebessek the Seventh! A unique artifact - priceless even, but I would sell it to you for twenty platinum!" The man chuckles dismissively and sets the rod back down. Zetath frowns sadly as the man walks away.

At Mauricio's proposition, Erthin shakes his head, "half now, half on delivery is all the credit I can offer. Maybe if you were buying a cart every month, and had been doing so for a bit, we'd have a different discussion." He doesn't seem inclined to modify his whole business model for a stranger he just met.