1. - Top - End - #111
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Strange Aeons: The Thrushmoor Terror, Part 2 [IC]

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk101 View Post
    Brother Jaume laughs at seeing the unexpected guest. “Winter! Praise Erastil you are here!” He gives her a welcoming hug.
    Which she is completely powerless to stop, and looks confused and even a little miserable. Oh, wait, that's not misery .... that's lack of oxygen.

She needs a few recovery breaths once the big man lets her go. "They were never supposed to be my patients, if you remember. I was Royal Accuser Omari's administrative assistant, sent to review Briarstone Asylum's records while Omari conducted her business with the office of the count. That's why I was at the asylum when The Recent Unpleasantness occurred. But my bardic training came with psychiatric and medical training, and nobody else had the wits about them to create a redoubt for the survivors. Recently, Corbin was released on his own recognizance, but since extreme stress could make him a liability to any adventuring group, he has moved on. Meanwhile, the surviving staff knows full well how to handle the rest of the patients and they do have a regimen.

"Ms. Wrentz told me last night of your progress and the issues at Fort Hailcourse, which only clues me in further that Royal Accuser Omari did, indeed, meet with misadventure or malfeasance. With Jens' death; a closer step to solving my boss' death or at least whereabouts; the kidnappings and graffiti in town; sightings of malformed ghosts in the street; and so much else going on ..... I think Pharasma has made it clear to me that I may die sooner, but in real service rather than hiding as an 'inherited shrink' for the mentally afflicted of Briarstone.

"That, and Ms. Wrentz seemed to imply .... or I inferred ... that my warm lodging and sumptuous food has come with strings. So, here I am, the Priestly Puppet prepared to position myself in peril for your party and the praise of Pharasma."
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2022-04-19 at 01:04 AM.
    18MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Towns of the Inner Sea (2013, Bauer, Bonner, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: 02-07 JUN 2024.