Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
Two questions .... how far away is the drider? And what’s the reflex DC? Grimgor would likely charge in to engage and lock it down if he wins initiative (low likelihood) which may change the drider’s response ... unless it would still 5’ step and fire bolts. The added complication is what stance he would be in for the attack, and whether he would have used a boost or changed stance, it needed to use a counter.

So initiative will drive Grumgor’s follow on actions, but I’ll try to capture some of the basics now.

How fortuitous this dingleberry decides to a) retreat away from the reach, b) use a touch attack spell, and c) possibly blind us. All the things Grimgor doesn’t deal with well. The crit is just insult to injury

[roll0]
[roll1] may change based on stance and/or counter

EDIT: Wow, TWO great rolls. So I’ll post with damage taken, but not sure if the creature will change its action. Unless the ranged attack was the surprise round and this is for round one?
Drider is 30ft away (the far side of the room). For the init, after getting half the party I had rolled the rest and the Drider had still won so the Gloombind bolts were Round 1 (its like -Ve energy scorching ray so no Saving throws)

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
Injured about half way but functional.
She sounds fine

Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
@Drk - just curious the gloomblind bolts were a surprise round attack that occurs before anyone can go, or if that's a first round attack and initiative applies. If Grimgor goes first, he'll charge in and attack (and either boost or change stance). If he's already taken a hit, he may do something different.
also, how far is the thing right now?
Its 30ft away, round 1, so feel free to charge in (joining Kona) and start slapping it around (post the gloomblind bolts)