View Single Post

Thread: unOrdinary

1. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: unOrdinary

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I agree that bad conditions can lead to bad people. I just don't think you can use it as an excuse.
    Look, how much difference having one true friend (Sera) made. Yeah, he was a **** to her. But she didn't hate him or abandon him at a crucial moment.

This is his redemption arc. Honestly, I feel bad for Spectre.

Also, John is a special case in other ways as well. He's been raised from a young age to believe that society is wrong about the whole "might makes right" thing.
    By a person that only knows how the Cripples feel. As much as I admire John's dad, he doesn't have the full perspective and can't rein in John.

lives with the guy who wrote that book.
    He wrote that book to help John out of the stump he found himself after Keon.

It's funny you'd pick Blyke as an example, because he's probably the best person out of the main cast.
    That's a weird way to write Remi. Without Remi as a Moral Compass, Blyke would be a much worse person. Hell, he started vigilanting to help Remi.

When Blyke had the opportunity to grab more power, he chose to give it up and take a beating instead. He's basically the anti-John.
    You're forgetting John took a beating for half a year just to not have to use his power.
    Last edited by -D-; 2022-03-09 at 02:23 PM.