View Single Post

Thread: [M&M 3e] Defying the Future IC

1. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [M&M 3e] Defying the Future IC

Lily's lips twitched in a slight frown as she and Helios lost a bit of tempo to area overlap. Okay yeah, coordinating might have been slightly generous. Totally her fault. But whatever that thinned the enemy force some and-

Thud. Every mook still standing just kinda dropped.

"Nice shot-" she cheerily called before realizing she wasn't...actually familiar with this particular hero. And now the only name that was popping into her head was "Blurry Looking Creepshow", which seemed rude. "-Man!" she finished, definitely not lamely at all.

Mum-Blah or whatever it might have actually been called unleashed its wail. Lily appeared unaffected, but it wasn't actually true. I mean, don't get me wrong, it wasn't like she was harmed or in any way hampered by the mummy's wail. Let's not go crazy here. But it did remind her of mandrakes in the Harry Potter books that had a deadly screaming attack, and while that wasn't true of actual mandrakes, they did have powerful hallucinogenic and narcotic properties that could induce unconsciousness, delirium, and madness in sufficient quantities. That sounded like something worth experimenting with!

The mummy was disoriented, a prime target for attack, but there were three other heroes here who could handle that. Lily could dish out the hurt well enough with her acid, but the longer the battle went on, the better a sense she got of the capabilities of her allies and the threats on the field. She suspected her power would be best put to use creating more openings for the others to exploit, rather than finishing off the enemies already opened up.

To that end, she turned her attention on Wrath. The pyro...kinetic? Mancer? She was a Link right? So kinetic, presumably. Whatever, the flame-thrower was hanging back from the fray and had seemed to present the greatest direct threat so far. A light flutter of her wings, and Lily took to the air, zipping through the warehouse to hover some thirty feet away from the pyro, not wanting to get too close to her fiery aura.

And it occurred to Lily, this might be her chance. This was a big deal. The forces of all four villains involved, three of them coordinating, over three-dozen bad guys against four heroes. This wasn't just her usual handful of mooks or whatever. This might finally be her chance to rehabilitate Floral's image, take her from the cutesy little Flower Girl to the badass warrior-scientist she was in her head! She wouldn't just weaken the Silver Link. She'd break her morale, make clear the power and skill of the hero she was dealing with!

"Roses are red." Lily, um, threatened? As her fingernails began to...grow.

"Violets are blue." They shaped themselves into sharp, conical forms.

"Your minions are dead!" They...totally weren't. They'd be fine. She was exaggerating.

"And so are you!" Lily cried out, hurling a barrage of thorns at Wrath. If they hit, they would transform on contact with her blood into hallucinogenic mandrake root. Even if they missed, they were originally part of her body, and Lily's personal phytokinesis would guide them around for a second attempt! The attack was perfectly solid.

But man oh man, Lily Woods was good at many things, but intimidation was not even close to one of them.

Spoiler
    Show
    I refuse...no, actually, that was terrible and I apologize to all of you. Especially since I thought up enough of these that I may be forced to turn them into a running gag.

Free: Reconfigure Flower Power. Variable Descriptor to [Physiological] [Drug]. 2 points to Petal Wings, 3 points to Floral Thorns (Ranged 3, Homing, Quirk), 10 points to Heady Scent, 5 points to Overwhelming Scent, 10 points to Miasmic Scents, 10 points to Lingering Scents, 10 points to Complex Scents.

Move: Into P18.

Standard: Attack Wrath with Mandrake Thorns at (1d20+10)[21]. On a hit, Resistance DC 20+Multiattack vs. Cumulative, Secondary Effect Immobilized+Vulnerable/Stunned+Defenseless/Incapacitated Affliction. On a miss, the attack repeats next round with Homing.

Current Status: Normal.
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2022-02-17 at 03:14 AM.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

If brevity is the soul of wit, I'm witty like a vampire!

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide