Quote Originally Posted by Blarghy View Post
Oh, the Hollows is great. The whole Screaming Vortex is great, IMO. Like I've said before, I'll be plenty satisfied to just fight Alessaunder anywhere; that was part of my thinking with my pitch to Destro, having him based aboard the Bitter Truth, so that he has flexibility in terms of the plot. Could show up wherever is most convenient, if need be. I definitely get why most of the command staff would prefer to not go poking around with Chaos. But...I would be quite delighted if we grow very powerful, build up a huge fleet, amass an alliance of other Rogue Traders, Navy ships, Astartes, and the Inquisition, and lead our armada into the Vortex to raze the Gloaming Worlds, lay siege to the Hollows, shatter the Castermare fleet, capture or kill Alessaunder himself, and then run like hell. I have no illusions that we could properly conquer and purge the Screaming Vortex, but I think that eventually we could deal a lot of damage to it, make Calixis and the Expanse a good bit safer as a result, and be known as Big Damn Heroes for our legendary efforts. For the glory of the Emperor!
Yeah, I really like the Screaming Vortex. It's weird and gonzo and a nice blend between real and unreal. Haha although entering areas like that tends to have... negative effects. How many people stay sane and loyal trying to fight in the Eye? That would be a bad-ass end to that storyline though.

In any case, I should buy some Sanctified weapons if we're going to be fighting Chaos. Can never have too much holy water/fire! Maybe take the Witch-Finder career path? Destro, did we capture any psykers on our pirate ships an/or do Navigators count for witch-finding?