Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
Yes, I generally sympathize with good people and not bad ones. What's the point in holding a grudge against someone who has already changed for the better? Besides, the vast majority of people John tortured had nothing to do with bullying John. If he just went after people who tortured him it would be more understandable. I can sympathize with him not liking Arlo or Zeke or other people who attacked him and Sera. Most of the high tiers just went about their own business and ignored the low tiers though. Some characters like Blyke have been fairly sympathetic from the start, only fighting people on their level, or even protecting lower tiers when they see bullying, but John still went after them. He even attacked Sera when she tried to talk him down.
I get what you're saying but my point is that I don't understand how that translates into an expectation of the comic. No characters are ever allowed to be wrong? John didn't lash out against people he thought were good guys - he was lashing out at 'the enemy' and it just so happens that he was wrong about who that was. We're talking about a character who has severe paranoia and PTSD from a lifetime of abuse at the hands of nearly everyone he has ever met and you don't think he deserves sympathy because he hasn't just... what - gotten over it fast enough?