Quote Originally Posted by Emberlily View Post
Just want to say how thankful I am that you're putting all this effort in. 8HD Colossal Scorpion sounds like a character I'd love to try out tbh. The party can ride you like a tank...
You're very welcome, I'm just glad some people read and maybe will one day use these monsters in a game. WotC's weird and quirky monsters are just too interesting to just be abandoned in a random splatbook forever.

About playing the scorpion, I had a kinda similar character once, it was a paraplegic gnome riding in an iron golem. My advice for that is: be aware of your limitations. A colossal scorpion won't be able to enter most buildings, will have difficulties getting out of random obstacles, but will on the other hand trivialize others, including a few boss fights if your DM doesn't know what to expect. Don't try to be always useful or to force yourself on your party. Your time will eventually come. Try to overcome your weakness by being creative more than just using magic items, both bcause you'll probably be less useful than your teammates with the same items anyway, and because playing a monstrous race is more about having a unique experience than playing any kind of "normal" play.