Spoiler: Isaera's home
Show
The fact that Kael'thas and his magisters had delivered this news and technique was in itself something that was difficult to combat. And honestly, if she had the utmost respect for him and their leaders, maybe she would swallow it all hook line and sinker. But her cautious nature (usually, anyway) and study of the arcane left her with many nagging doubts.

Raising her hands in a placatory manner, she says, "There is no such thing as free. That energy comes from somewhere. I fear it may only be a matter of time before a demonic presence realizes its mana is slowly being siphoned.. And besides, we don't know the long-term side effects of this, alright? For all we know, prolonged exposure could make you grow horns, claws, or subtly twist your mind in some way. It would be better to just wait and see what comes of others who try this technique, wouldn't it?"

She looked from sibling, to sibling, to parent, family members who were seemingly underwhelmed by her attempts at reasonableness. It was hard to argue against Prince Sunstrider himself, and the fact that they were pretty much broke. And then on the other hand, for not outright condemning Tarien and Aleeana as demon-spawn, she wasn't really winning favor with her mother either.

After an awkward pause, Isaera remembers her trump card. "Wait. You are wrong about one thing. We are not broke." She stomps up to the table and overturns her pouch of coins, unloading the entire seventy-five pieces of silver onto the table.

Taking advantage of this moment, in which she had hoped the din of seventy-five much-needed shiny silver coins would literally purchase her some clout, she declares, "With this, we can easily pay a whole year's levy. We can finish the second floor of our house. I could reanimate our brooms, the cloths, and the cookware again." Then looking directly into Aleeana's eyes, she delivers the coup de grace. "And you could afford something a little safer than fel energy."

Spoiler: ooc
Show
Should I roll? I guess I'll roll...

persuasion: (1d20+14)[25] And I probably have massive penalties against my own family members, who knows?

By the way. Might Isaera get any VP for mouthing off to Jaina a bit? It's part of the complication: Bad Blood. Maybe not.. unless there's actually a consequence or setback due to that though.