View Single Post

Thread: Sea of Stars - OOC III

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Sea of Stars - OOC III

Sea of Stars - OOC

I intend to go not only farther than any man has been before me, but as far as I think it possible for man to go.
    - Captain James Cook

And on to thread three. We do seem to go through these a bit, don't we?

IC thread I
    IC thread II
    IC thread III

Spoiler: Episode List
    Show

Activity:
    • Expected rate of posting is at least once per day.
    • If you don’t post in 48 hours, I will autopilot your character.
    • If you don’t post in a week, I reserve the right to kill off your character.

Going on hiatus with prior warning is absolutely fine: the above rules apply to unexpected disappearances. Drop me a notification before you’re going away/losing your internet access/what have you, and I’ll happily play your character as an NPC until you can return.

Rolls:
    • Make all rolls using the forum dice roller, either in a spoiler-box in the relevant IC post, or in a separate post in this thread.
    • Some rolls (mainly ones at which you should not know whether you have succeeded or failed, and Perils of the Warp/Psychic Phenomena) I will make in secret.
    • As a time-saving device, I will roll all initiatives at the start of an encounter, allowing you to get straight to your actions rather than waiting about for each other.

Combat:
    When in combat, do not wait to post in sequence of initiative: post whenever you are free to post. If your actions depend on someone ahead of you in the initiative order, you can leave conditional instructions OOC. I will conduct my rolling for each combat round in this thread, and post an IC summary that signifies the end of the current round & the start of the next.

Assorted Notes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    - All-out Attacks and Guarded Attacks can be made in conjunction with a Swift Attack or Lightning Attack, each remaining a Full Action and allowing the attacker to use their full number of attacks. The +20% from an AOA only applies to the first attack made; the -10% from a Guarded Attack applies to both attacks.
    - Psychic Powers which require some sort of roll to hit can be dodged. If they don't need a roll, they cannot be dodged.
    - XP spent on background packages and whatnot counts towards ranking up. It's not supposed to, I know, but I've never bothered and it's always worked fine.
    - Elite Advances from missed ranks are always available at a 50% markup. A skill which normally costs 200XP can be bought for 300XP, for example.
    - Extended Repairs: Every week, make a Tech-Use test. On a successful test, regain 1d5 Hull Integrity. This cannot regain more than 50% of the ship's total hull integrity, or 25% for any ship of Light Cruiser class or larger. Once the maximum value has been restored, the ship must put in to a suitable world for proper repairs and resupply before it can enact extended repairs again.
    - Crew Improvements: The +5 to Crew Rating from Best Craftsmanship crew improvements stacks. This represents additional training, etc. and is how you raise your crew rating post ship creation.
    - Hiring bodyguards/small-scale NPCs (Not Crew): Normal scale rules apply. Base stats are 30. For every +10 in stats, -10 on the Acquisition test. Max -30 for 60 stat guys. NPCs come with some basic equipment based on where you hired them from.

Master Ship Component List
    Space Station Rules
    Crew Training Rules

Spoilers
    A spoiler titled 'X Only' is intended only for the eyes of the player playing the character X. Please don't read 'em if they're not intended for you - you could spoil some surprises.

Please put your character sheet in your first post in this thread – either formatted into the post itself, or via a link. It helps me to find them if they’re all in one place.

Spoiler: Warrant Path
    Show
    In case I need it, the group's warrant path is: Age of Apostasy > Struggling > Administratum > Angevin Crusade > Missionaria > Unknown
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2024-02-09 at 02:08 PM.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing