1. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Darths & Droids VI: Thread title will appear here when received

Hi! I had stopped reading this comic back during the puppet show interlude and I'm just now done with binge-reading it/catching up. I find that I liked their treatment of the OT much better the second time around for some reason. I had completely forgotten that Han and Chewie were the traitor Luke was looking for, and I hadn't realized last time that Owen and Beru were still alive. Wonder how that will matter down the line.

I love how they're doing the ST so far. Finn already has more of an arc than he had in all three movies. Sally and Pete playing Kylo Ren and Rey was a surprise for me, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This tells us right off the bat that, despite the movies, there won't be a romance arc between these two characters, and I understand the Comic Irregulars not wanting to do another one after Jim and Annie's took seven movies. Also, Pete palying a woman who was being stalked in the previous campaign feels like commentary on the more... questionable aspects of that relationship.

Sally gets to have fun playing a bad guy, and Rey being played by the king of minmaxers seems like a good-natured way to adress some... criticisms of her character. Never Finds a Good Parking Spot is peak Darths & Droids, it's such a small detail I had never noticed but it's entirely true! She always lands her vehicles some distance away from where she's going!

Ben playing Hux is certainly something else, too.

Also, it's funny to me, that one of the more recent strips (2000) references a The Clone Wars episode I have only recently watched.

Finally, anybody else hoping Zeppo runs into a guy named "Aaron" at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    Spoiler: Possible Force Awakens spoilers
    Show
    It wouldn't. The reason is that Rey already has a laser sword. Her staff is made of laser sword hilts that she collected while scavenging and repaired.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is it? That's the first time I hear aboit that. Looking at it, only the ends looks loke they could be lightsabers and there doesn't seem to have been any welding done anywhere on the staff. Seems more likely it was just one metal beam she scavenged. That reminds me of the time when (some) people insisted Daisy Ridley looked liked Carrie Fisher and they wouldn't have made that casting choice if she wasn't playing her daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Spoiler: Episode IX
    Show
    Although I wouldn't call Ben a definite bad guy just yet. In the D&D universe Hux might already be a Resistance spy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know if that scene had happened yet when you wrote this, but I'd say that Hix ordering the destruction of the Hosnian System Chandrila makes this very unlikely. While Hux having always been a Resistance spy would have been a good choice for the character (certainly better than what actually happened), I feel they would have had Kylo Ren or Phasma order the firing instead then, like they did with Tàrkin and Vader. Besides, Hux has so little interaction with the Resistance in IX, it won't be hard to rework those scenes to mean something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    Spoiler: The Force Awakens
    Show
    It's the scene where Poe shows up again.
    I wonder how they'll explain that here.
    Actually, how did he make it in the movie?
    Spoiler
    Show
    They didn't. Maybe there was a throwaway line like "I'll tell you about it some day", but they 'ever actually explained it. Rumor has it Poe was meant to die there, but Oscar Isaac was so darn likeable, Abrams kept his character around.

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticallyPsyco View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    They never explain it, but I assumed that he was still in the TIE fighter when it sunk and escaped later.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If that were the case Finn would have seen him when grabbing the jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Still going for this actually being Wedge.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I doubt it. For one Wedge and Poe are both in the final battle (though I wouldn't put it past the CI to have another shapeshifter looking just like Wedge show up). For two, the mental coercion stuff isn't resolved yet. I suspect it'll play a bigger role in VIII.
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2021-11-14 at 09:38 AM.