1. - Top - End - #162
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: World of Warcraft - Interbellum (IC Thread)

(1d20+1)[10] To resist inebriation.

Jakk'ari is put at ease with the strong suggestion that the village and his family is overall safe for now.
    He continues playing War Stones trying to further ingratiate himself with the group.

Responding to Targ Jakk'ari mentions the members of the group.
    Ah, hmm, where to begin. I've played my part, parlayed with the elements and kept the elements off their backs but they all have done their part.

Jakk'ari begins recollecting his time with the group. Though there's little to reminisce about given the short time he has known the party. Though there is plenty to comment on given their varied and different temperaments' and abilities much like many of the groups of of children and adolescents he has had to contend with.

Well there is Mor'Lag our twin headed ogre. Those two are a mighty pair though I've yet to see any of the spells twins headed ogres are purported to have. Unfortunately I have yet to see a more morose being. If you meet them I advise you to be careful with you words. I've seen this before either burdened by the weight of expectations or great disappointment

Jakk'ari pauses remembering the time spent in the tavern beside Mor'Lag seeing another being mulling over their assortment of impediments and then striking up a conversation with ogre.

Hm, then there is the elf Isaera. A great arcanist who I'm glad to have and has given me good fortune. But sometimes I worry. I doubt the girl has been outside of Theramore before and I've seen what happens to young extravagant spell weavers. They get burned and I don't trust arcane mages there's no prudence or guidance from the spirits and land. But if she survives I'm sure she'll be fine.
    Jakk'ari remembers mentoring young shamanistic disciples eager to commune with the elements but too focused on the tangible aspects of shamanism much like his first born. He also remembers her fight bravely in combat and her dazzling display of magic in the tavern. No doubt raising everyone's pay.

Jakk'ari remains vague about Marion careful to not incriminate her and the party given her source of power.
    Then there's the human Marion. A strong caster but I don't know much else. She knows how to take care of herself but seems to prefer her own company.
    Much like a highly independent disciple within a class Jakk'ari struggled to categorize Marion. Was she dispassionate given the subject matter and mission? Participating out of obligation. Or had she dissociated having become disheartened by their own perceived lack of progress. Jakk'ari remembers her frightening display of power, casting a necrotic spell and blighting the land. He also remembers her commanding voice while negotiating pay and politely conversing with the wagon crew.

Then there ...
    Jakk'ari stutters remembering that their ranger was best left unmentioned in their current company.

Well there is the group. A mixed bag but good companions who have braved the marsh.

Once a lull occurs in the game from a congested board or the game concludes Jakk'ari wonders how the rest of the party is faring seeing how he is now strangely the mundane one now in a village of trolls, orcs, and tauren.

Spoiler: Short summary of Jakkari's attitude to the party
    Show

Mor'Lag: "You're a good kid, you are just going through some rough patches. Keep your chin up and you'll get through it. I know you can.
    Isaera: "You darn kids with your void, arcane, and kung fu magic. Back in my day we had to engage in diplomacy before casting every single spell." See's her about to storm out. "Hey I'm sorry, you're doing great. I just worry about you sometimes."
    Marion: "Hm... Is she just to cool to hang out with me or did she join a gang?"
    Last edited by Plaids; 2021-11-11 at 02:55 AM.