1. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: World of Warcraft - Interbellum (IC Thread)

Marion Mordis

"The hired help?" Marion asked. Or rather, the Alteraci noble asked. To be fair, Marion had given no indication that she hailed from the landed gentry, even going so far as to slightly diminish her manners. But still. Hired help - bah! How dare he!

But then Isaera joined in, with that smug smile, refusal to correct the assertion and confirming with a 'yes'. Marion felt her rib-cage compress a little beneath the impact of this monstrous betrayal.

"My, madam, a sailor!" Marion returned with a bright smile and cheery disposition.

"Visiting his most recent of many, many ports - I always hoped you would do well for yourself!"

Turning herself slightly to focus on the Captain, Marion continued, her friendly demeanor remaining.

"I am fascinated though, captain, by the ship required to travel hundreds of miles inland through a swamp! I have heard tales of the beautiful craftsmanship and seafaring ingenuity of your people, but I did not think that even they were capable of producing a boat small enough," Marion held up her index finger and thumb just an inch apart, "to navigate the swampy canals of the Horde. But, where there is a will there is a way I suppose!"

Looking over at the troll, Marion gave a 'ohh bother!' self-depreciating look.

"Ohh but do forgive me! I have forgotten to carry the Madams many expensive valuables to the security of the local tavern, similar to the one in which I first found her. Apologies! As a humble and lowly hired. help. I can be forgetful at times! Do excuse me, Madam!" Marion curtsied, withdrawing herself in an obsequious manner out of the den and back into the street, where she muttered an insult under her breath in Demonic whose translation was best left unsaid.

The rain upon her once more, Marion decided to go and see what Mor'lagh was up to.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2021-11-07 at 08:47 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger