Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
To be fair, the first game didn't have fall damage so it's kind of weird that this one does.

Regarding the mental health advisory: They mean it when they say that this is a game about Empathy and healing. I genuinely beleive that the approach to treating mental illness taken in these games is how it should go... Minus the little boy astral projecting into your mind part.

Something you'll notice in this game: Almost all of the "people" mental constructs look like muppets.

It's very interesting just how much control Loboto has of his own mindscape. He probably could have been the greatest psychic of his generation if his parents weren't bigoted abusive pricks.

Paper Imp Zodi is very appropriate for this game for reasons that will become clear with time.

All of the returning powers from the first game have quality-of-life improvements.

Something to note: Laboto very clearly has a "Glasgow Grin," his cheeks were cut open to give the appearance of a smile, and it didn't heal properly. Between that, his prosthetic arm, and the fact that the top of his skull is gone leaving his shower cap as the only thing protecting his otherwise exposed brain... what the **** has this poor broken man been through besides the stuff we already know about?

All of the enemies introduced in this game are very thematic, but I'll touch on that as you get to them.

Like regrets: At the end of RoR, Loboto's moral compass is restored and thus he gains the ability to tell right from wrong. Thus, he begins to regret his life choices. And as they say, Regrets weigh you done... As represented by them dropping heavy weights on you.

"repair the construct" means fix the office.

The level of warped in a mindscape is directly proportionate to the form and manifestation of the mental illness of the mind holder, often in ways that make it abundantly clear what you're dealing with.

Make note of the two eyes in the one poser, and how it repeats as a motif.

Regarding the difficulty of Pyrokinesis: I'm not sure where exactly, but somewhere Raz mentions that Pyrokinesis is more difficult for him than other psychic powers and that Lili is much better at it than he is.

Did you know that there are certain kinds of cancer where clusters of malformed teeth will form in the tumor? Guess what made me think of that.

Pay close attention to the mnemonic Loboto uses here.
First game does in fact have fall damage. It's from falling into pits.

I look forward to seeing it. Remember that I have never played this game before!

They are kinda muppet-y, yeah.

The quality of life changes have been great, though Pyrokinesis still feels a bit weird to use.

I mean we know what happened to him. He was lobotomized in a mental hospital. Nothing about his injuries is out of place, with that in mind.

Teratomas, yeah. They've got other bits in there too.

Yeah it's pretty obvious the eye symbolism is related to Whoever The Bad Person Is, and that the mnemonic he's using has relation to taking brains out and sending them off to another underwater lair lead by the Delugionists (which the title screen and file select screen is, naturally) and that he has to put new brains into the bodies that he harvests the brains from, all likely in some attempt to bring Maligula back from the dead, either as genuine necromancy or as a thoughtpatteren made sentient. That stuff's all pretty obvious by the end of the tutorial, at least to me. I'm likely wrong on some details but its like, there.