View Single Post

Thread: LGBTAIitp Part 60: Still Going Strong

1. - Top - End - #86
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAIitp Part 60: Still Going Strong

Quote Originally Posted by Lycunadari View Post
    Did any of that help? (Or did it just lead to more questions?)
    Not really, no, but thank you taking the time to type it out for me!

Read the wikipedia article you linked, seems to show that the science is pretty inconclusive one way or the other.

I fully agree with you about the differences between the types of gender; but I personally prefer to just judge people as individuals and identify myself as gender nonconforming and refer to physical sex*.

I really don't like the idea of gender being somehow objectively hard coded, not only because people will try and cure / prevent it, but also because of the amount of "gate-keeping" that will apply to people whose behaviors don't link to whatever "objective" measure is being used to scientifically prove gender.

While I think the idea is about gender-queer folk trying to validate their own existences, which is a good thing, it could far too easily be used to invalidate someone else's gender identity, and comes very close to the misogynist rhetoric about how women are biologically coded to be (insert stereotype about women here).

*Which is a spectrum and which people have both the right and the capability to change through medical means.
    Last edited by Talakeal; 2021-10-24 at 04:42 PM.
    Looking for feedback on Heart of Darkness, a character driven RPG of Gothic fantasy.