1. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft - Interbellum (IC Thread)

Isaera nodded as the other woman spoke, in full agreement.

"Perhaps you do not have the funds presently, but I am sure there are coffers you can reach into, given your sway and enough time with the.. 'nobles'." Isaera said, trying with as much finesse to refer to politicians, bureaucracy, and the whole establishment which ran this glorified outpost.

"At the very least, if time is truly of the essence, and every hour, or even every minute may mean death or survival, you should grant us provisions for camping out in the wild, and lend us some transportation. Horses, perhaps? Otherwise, travel would be very slow and miserable on foot..."

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Persuasion! (1d20+14)[33]

plus the Very Attractive advantage, which would give Isaera +5 if Captain Evencane finds her attractive. It would really be a shame, if not only did they lose 4 cadets, but a comely elf such as herself, right??

She clears her throat. "Ahem, and a word in private, captain?"

Spoiler: for GM, or perhaps snippets with quite a high perception roll
    Show
    If Isaera can speak with the captain away from earshot of others, she quietly confides in him:

"It's no secret there is great discomfort bringing those two along." She did not look toward or even gesture to Mor'Lag or Jakk'ari. The 'two' were quite obvious.
    "I myself have no qualms with them here, personally. But I absolutely do not trust them outside of Theramore. I want you to offer them an additional two silver each for my safe return, and the other woman's. That will incentivize them to not betray us, and perhaps, even put some effort in to keeping us alive."

Isaera smiled softly.. it was somewhat smug, but also just sad at the thought, making this captain pay extra to further bribe those he hired to do the job he was already paying them for. And that money could have been going to her, and her family, too.

"And I'm sorry to say, this isn't negotiable, captain. I would like to help, but I cannot go out alone, and I don't feel I can trust the help otherwise. But rest assured, the price may seem high, but you are getting much in return."

After saying her peace, Isaera demonstrated some magic. Flames wreathed her hands as she channeled a powerful fire spell. She launched a fireball straight at the bar, causing the bottles of alcohol to explode in a bright flash of light, a boom, and cacophany of shattering glass!

Expertise (magic): (1d20+14)[29]

But when it was all over, everything stood exactly as it was before, though several people may have dropped to the floor in fear.

Now the mage really smirked. "Just an illusion. What, do you think I would have really blown the place up? That's just silly."
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2021-10-03 at 07:27 PM.