1. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: World of Warcraft - Interbellum (IC Thread)

Marion Mordis

Marion listened as the guardsman explained the situation: some cadets wandered off their route and got themselves into trouble with either hostile locals or the Horde.

And to remedy this, she and a...ogre and troll had to wander into the dank, murky swamp, braving possible Horde patrols, and find them. All for 2 gold.

Two. Gold.

When her family still had its estate nestled within the breathtaking mountain ranges of Alterac, Two Gold wasn't even pocket change - it was a paperweight, at best. Her family's mines had produced iron ore and gems by the tonnage and had enjoyed the vast wealth that this had fetched them on the market. That she would risk her life, or worse, at the hands of some filthy greenskins for a paltry pittance of that did not sit well with the warlock.

"You wish us to venture into the murky swamp, brave the hostile locals, including the fauna, try to steer clear of horde entanglements, then save five souls from the fetid graves that would otherwise await them, all for just two gold?" Marions voice was smooth, diplomatic and sceptical.

"That we have to portion among ourselves?"

Once again, sceptical. Whose to say the Ogre wouldn't just bash their heads in at the last moment to claim it all for themselves? Or the troll spear them in the back?

"That is a lot of risk for very little incentive, Sir," Marion continued, "And this seems to be a buyers market."

Marion couldn't see anyone else lining up to help the guardsman out.

"So, I think that we would deserve greater compensation. I'd wager that is not even a 100th of a percent that Theramore acquires bi-annually via berthing taxes from incoming trading vessels and the Alliance navy. I would think that the lives of five cadets would be worth considerably more..."

OOC:
    Action: Persuasion Roll: (1D20+6)[19]
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2021-10-03 at 06:47 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger