1. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: World of Warcraft - Interbellum (IC Thread)

Marion Mordis

The Buxom Lass heaved through the forth-encrusted waves of the Great Sea, its bronze, topless maiden prow bursting through each bank of opaque blue that rose up before it. Being of sturdy and rough build, the Buxom powered through her choppy lane, muscling forward with a rough tenacity that suited the stout trading vessel. Flying no black flag upon its mast, this was a ship that had previously docked in Southshore before it set sail, and tucked away within one of its slowly rocking cabins was a figure that sat upon her bed and pulled her cloak tighter around her body to protect against the ocean cold.

"I hate sailing..." Marion spoke aloud, her smooth voice oppressed beneath the groan of tortured oak as the box she inhabited swayed beneath the impressions of the sea, her simple bed and tiny desk the only provisions of comfort she could afford.

"I really hate sailing!" she hissed, eyes narrowing at her environment as if trying to intimidate away the choppy sea.

'the...ether...is so much more...calm...' a thick, slow voice crawled through the back of her skull: Varghast. Though not apparent in the physical world around her, the demons presence was always felt and its essence never too far away should she need his protection.

'...why...go this far...I...do...not...understand at all...your people are back in...azeroth...very few...where we go.'

"Precisely. It's lawless. The propriety of the 'civilised' world does not apply," Marion uttered, risking a glance to the rune-inscribed tome that was resting atop her little desk. The secrets within that book had only seemed to compound her problems...but Marion knew an opportunity when she saw one. That tome was her key to the long game.

'...many threats...'

"Yes, many threats," Marion spoke once more, bracing her shoulder against the wall to receive one particularly bad dive the ship took before its gyro was corrected.

"But with danger..." she continued, standing up and huddling herself against the sparse furniture within her room so that she could peer through the tiny, fogged over window and at the choppy sea beyond.

"...comes opportunity."

oOo

Having been seated in the corner of the tavern the entire evening, a near empty ale cup before her and hood obscuring her youthful features, the human rose her right hand at the guardsmans words.

"If there's silver in it; I'll help."
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2021-10-03 at 12:52 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger