View Single Post

Thread: General Crowdfunding Thread, Mark I

1. - Top - End - #541
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: General Crowdfunding Thread, Mark I

I have a lot of fun running my D&D games, especially higher-level games where there's a lot going on and a lot of attacks being thrown around. I typically have larger party of five to six players. I noticed that it would usually take time for people to pick out and roll the appropriate dice to attack, then cross-reference to their character sheet, then roll again for damage and cross-reference again to see what to add.

Even for someone who rolls all of their dice at once, separating out three or four different types of results, like attack versus regular damage, versus damage from being a holy weapon, versus the weapon also being on fire takes time. I tried to figure out how to make things more efficient, so we could spend more time playing and less time waiting on dice-rolling and math, and this was the result. It's a simple concept, but I couldn't find anything like it on the market.

As a result... The Battle Box:

www.battlebox.us

There's a slot along the top that allows you to write whatever labels you want on a 1/2" wide strip of paper and slip it in. Pre-make labels for different games and swap them out, change them out easily when you find new loot or level up, etc... no special/fancy paper needed.
    Final dims are 11.65" L x 2.81" D x 3.16"H. This size easily accomodates 4 standard-size D&D dice of any type (I measured, they're surprisingly close in largest dimensions) within each compartment.

I will be launching the Kickstarter in early June, and I'm currently trying to get some interest/visibility drummed up. The pre-launch link is on the Battlebox website at the top.

Polypropylene molds are expensive, and so's shipping. Bulky items ship based on dimensional weight, so I'm looking at 4 boxes (at a few ounces each) being treated as weighing 9 lbs. The price point for an order of 4 ends up around $16 per box ($64 total) shipped in the US; an order of 12 ends up at about $14 each shipped, and 30 at about $13 each shipped. An order of 12 would equip an entire party/table, and the bigger orders I'm assuming would be group buys or game stores. I do have a plan to put some sticker labels on the front to help prep them for retail sale if there's interest for that.

I'm totally open for feedback, interviews, articles, etc.

Edit 6/14/2021: This is now live!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e-rolling-aid/
    Last edited by J-H; 2021-06-14 at 09:40 PM.
    Things published on DM's Guild
    Campaign Logs:
    Baldur's Gate 2 (ongoing)
    Castle Dracula (Castlevania)
    Against the Idol of the Sun (high level hexcrawl)