Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
What makes you say that? The Ghouls we saw seem to be D&D murderhobos. I don't see how that implies they run the Smile foundation or that they want to see people backstabbing each other.
I suppose so in that regard. Though I wonder if the 'respawn' is just rolling up a new character.
From the FAQ.

18. How do ghouls respawn? Are there some respawn points? Do they reappear where they were destroyed? How random is it?

Depends on the player’s level. Newbies tend to respawn in the new player zone, but more experienced players sometimes do respawn closer to their objective,
Though I'd argue about the 'feel pain' part.
We seen Niles shrug off losing limbs, head, guts as minor inconvenience.
Niles is heavily implied to be a ghoul.

She wasn't lying, but that doesn't mean she was correct. Just because all the Global Order sees them do is kill doesn't mean that is all they do. I mean, we know that is false as they recruited Tobi on the Smile Foundations behalf. And they seem to know what Tobi was talking about when she mentioned a dungeon. And they have a goal of trying to get through the temple Tobi came out of.

But I could definitely see them just killing any other encounter. If they don't care about whatever the GO was offering them, than why not kill them in order to get the XP? It's not like there would be any consequences for doing so. Particularly if the Ghouls had labeled the GO as the 'villains' for some reason.
While they don't ONLY kill, much like MMORPGs muderhobos, their quests are mostly tied to killing. Or causing deaths.

Would players in MMO care if a faction calls them evil?

Smile foundation is all about Death. Their experiment is super focused on death.
Also double checking Tobi Chapters never did Ghoul Adventuring party mention Rauel, they just said "we have the same quest", which is more for manipulating Tobi than a statement of purpose.