Cassian's plan is to either go for Apprentice Wizard or Knight next. Knight makes him a melee powerhouse but there's some really expensive trappings he needs before he can get in. Apprentice Wizard is more of a roleplay thing. Ultimately, I want to take both Knight and at least Journeyman Wizard - I have a fighter-mage concept I want to try out here and that's easier to justify in a D&D-style world than the Old World.

As far as recruiting another player, I'm good with that if everyone else wants to to that, but of all the WFRP games I've played on this site, the longest lasting one is the Border Princes game where Haval and I are the only players since quite a some time, and it works very well IMO. We briefly recruited another player a while back, but he/she ghosted, as did multiple players at the beginning of the game. In short, I'm not very optimistic that adding new players will lead to them sticking around long enough to engage in the game. So as long as DrK is willing to run extra NPCs to pad the party or adjust the difficulty of the encounters, I don't see an absolute need to add more PCs.